Saturday, December 20, 2008

Good Bye but Not for Good

I thought it fitting that I should start my new blog talking about my team from work since they're kinda how I got into blogging in the first place (and/or their reminders keep me blogging).  This past week was our last week together in St Louis and it was SAD.  Thursday when we left for the airport there were definitely some waterworks.  We've had such a great run; it's sad to see it end.  I'm pretty sure most people who haven't been in a similar situation don't understand how close you can get to people you work with.  But when you're on the road together, in podunk towns together (who knew you could find fun things like Dashing Diva in Hickory NC?), spending about 40 hrs/wk working together, and about 12 hours/wk playing together, you get really close.  In the spirit of Caroline's earlier post, I thought I'd do a quick tribute to each team member:

A is thoughtful and can be counted on for many things like convincing everyone to get sloshed after you've had some personal drama or sending you Dilberts or blogs you'd like so you don't even have to filter through all of them yourself.

C is principled, and I admire her for it.  She makes the effort to be informed about many things from products to politicians and forms her opinions based on the facts she learns.  

D is fashionable and definitely the one you want with you at the restaurant when the waiter tries to seat you by the restroom.

B is a true Southern gentleman - polite, hospitable, and caring.

M is funny and can always break up tension or boredom with lots of laughs.

K is genuine, sweet, and a great listener.

While the week (and especially Thursday) were sad, we're already planning a reunion... in May.  And hopefully we'll see each other before then too.

1 comment:

Caro said...

I like the title, "Good Bye but Not for Good"! I think we have something special and everyone is really going to miss it. I know I will, lots and lots.