Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's True

Running outside IS better. I tried the 4 min run / 1 min walk tactic and went 2.25 miles! (I did do a little bit more extra walking towards the end.) And it felt good! On Monday I ran 1 mile on the treadmill and thought I was going to die and hated life at the same time. So I know 2.25 miles may not sound that exciting to you half marathoners and marathoners, but that is a pretty big deal for me. It helped that the weather was pretty much as awesome as it gets - 80, sunny, and a light breeze. Yay for living in the South! Too bad the average temp doesn't get that high in STL until late May...

1 comment:

The Boring Runner said...

Yay! That is REALLY cool that you were able to go that far.

Hopefully it gets warm in STL for you to be able to do it more! (Although, running around the arch 100 times isn't as fun as running in one big loop...)