Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I'm baaaack!

Wow! So I bet you never expected to read another post from me! :)


I read an article in The Economist about how the internet is filled with abandoned blogs while people turn their attention to 140 character updates via Twitter or Facebook. I must say, it is a lot easier to post a random one sentence (or better yet, one phrase) update than think out a whole paragraph or two. Not that I would call what I am writing right now (or ever) "thought out".


In recent news, my 10 year high school reunion was this weekend. Crazy! I feel super old now (although my birthday was less than a week before, so I was already feeling that way). But it was really fun! I think it was as fun as a high school reunion could be. I've heard from many an older coworker that at 10 year reunions everyone is trying to impress everyone, and it's not until the 20 year reunion where people chill out and just are who they are. I know occasionally I can be naive and unsuspecting of people's ulterior motives, but I REALLY didn't come away with that feeling from anyone. And I'd have to say, I was pleased by how great all of my former classmates seem to have turned out.


So here's what everyone seems to want to know:


  1. Did anyone go to jail? Not that was at the reunion or discussed at the reunion, but yes, I have heard of at least 1 former classmate who has been to jail.

  2. Who was the most surprising? I'd have to say... no one. Sorry, that's a boring answer. But it's really true.

  3. Was anyone doing anything really impressive? I mean, we probably have more than our fair share of doctors and successful business people. But I hadn't heard of anyone curing cancer. (Are my standards for "impressive" too high?)

  4. What was the most surprising? Probably the number of pregnant people. Yay for sharing drink tickets! ;) Next up, I'd have to say the number of people who either live in Kingwood or want to move there. Dudes, we're 28, not 48. And next I'd probably say the number of people who are all relocating to the same area in Houston (I forgot the name) which seems pretty cool.

It was really fun to see old classmates, especially the ones who I was friends with in earlier years and had lost touch with. It was pretty amazing how easily we picked up conversation after 10+ years! And of course, it's always fun to party with my girls! And Melissa was one hot mama! Literally!



3 comments:

Melissa said...

Yay for blogging again!!! And thanks for the shout out ;)

The Boring Runner said...

I'm with Melissa (aka, hot momma). Horray blogging!

Bethany said...

YAY!!! I'm so glad you are back!! (Although that is more than I can say for my abandoned blog)