Thursday, July 29, 2010

Updated Bucket List

I went back and dug out my old bucket list post, and updated it. Two more things checked off in the 8 months I haven't blogged! At that rate, I'll have finished the list in 6 years at the age of 34!

MY Bucket List

A while back I posted a bucket list that someone else had come up with and checked off the things I had done. Here's MY bucket list. I'm sure I'm leaving things off, but here is my bucket list. I stopped with a list of 50 things because I had to stop somewhere.

(X) Visit Mexico
( ) Visit Canada
(X) Visit Africa
(X) Visit Western Europe
( ) Visit Eastern Europe
(X) Visit Australia and New Zealand
( ) Visit Asia
( ) Visit South America
(X) Read the whole Bible
( ) Read Pride & Prejudice
( ) Read Gone with the Wind
(X) Go on a mission trip
( ) Fall in love
( ) Get married
( ) Have (via pregnancy or adoption) kid(s)
(X) See the night sky from somewhere with not too much light pollution (ie Livingstone/Victoria Falls, Zambia)
(X) Go skinny dipping
(X) Go sky diving
(X) Go parasailing
(X) Go snow skiing
(X) Go water skiing
(X) Stay up all night
(X) Go hiking in the mountains
(X) Have at least one friend you can tell anything to
(X) Have at least one lifelong friend
(X) See ancient ruins
(X) Do something you didn't think you could do
( ) Hike the Inca Trail
(X) Visit Chichen Itza
(X) Visit Cinque Terre
(X) Visit Rome
( ) Walk on the Great Wall of China
( ) Take a cruise around the Mediterranean
(X) Take a cruise
(X) Have a girls' trip
(X) Bourbon St
(X) Stand on the star directly beneath the peak of the dome of the Capitol of Texas and talk
(X) Go to a music festival
(X) Put your feet in the Atlantic Ocean
(X) Put your feet in the Pacific Ocean
(X) Go to a small town festival
( ) Work in a non-US country
(X) Go bungee jumping....??
(X) Stay in a hostel
(X) Get your hands dirty to help someone
( ) Grow old with someone
(X) Get out of your comfort zone
( ) Do an olympic distance triathlon
( ) Run 5 miles without walking
( ) Learn more about art
( ) Learn another language

2 comments:

Melissa said...

It may take you more than 6 years to grow old with someone, but I guess that depends on your definition of "old".

The Boring Runner said...

You're bucket list's size is only matched by how many you've completed.

With that, I think I may go cross skinny dipping off my list. Watch out neighbors!!