Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Too Many Hotels?

I promise I'm not making this up.

This morning I woke up to my alarm at 3:45 am, in the middle of a dream/nightmare. In my dream, I was staying at a hotel with my parents. We had walked out to a car to head somewhere, and I realized I forgot something. My dad was annoyed that I had to run in and get something, as we were already running late (of course... have you ever traveled with me and my mom?). On my way to the elevators, I realized I needed a new room key, so I walked up to the hotel front desk to get a new key. As a very friendly rep at the front desk was helping me, I was looking anxious since I knew that my family was impatiently awaiting my return. The hotel manager (a 6 foot, 300 pound woman) walked by and noticed me looking anxious and started being rude to me. So I started being rude back. We exchanged words and were both getting pretty angry which peaked when the woman looked like she wanted to kick my ass and started to storm around the front desk. Meanwhile, I can talk the talk but, I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty terrified by the very angry, 6 foot, 300 pound woman storming in my direction. The lobby was very crowded, so I was trying to quickly weave my way through the people and to the elevator to escape her. My lead was growing narrower by the millisecond. And that's when my alarm went off. Saved by the bell!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Boring Runner said...

Wow, dreaming about hassles at hotels. That is almost as awesome as dreaming about WORK!