Thursday, June 25, 2009

Weekend in Review: Girls at the Ranch


A couple of weekends ago some girlfriends headed out to a ranch to get away, have a relaxing girls weekend, and celebrate Michelle's last pre-baby girls' getaway! We all met up at Michelle's house and drove down to Laura's uncle's ranch "near" Killeen (though "near" is really a stretch here).

Michelle, Suzie, and I in the car on the way down:



The ranch house (below). The girls had me a little freaked out before we drove down because they told me that we couldn't drink the water! I was like, where the hell are we going?!?! Turns out that they meant not that you would end up with intestinal parasites if you drink the water but that the water isn't very tasty. Glad we got that cleared up. I thought we were going to Mexico.


I made a bunch of food for the weekend, including some desserts - pictured below on top of my favorite game!


We went four-wheeling! That was my first time to go four-wheeling and it was really fun. I think the saftey lecture we got was probably a waste of breath for Laura's uncle, as we definitely didn't get very close to flipping the four-wheelers over. Below is a picture of the cows (not Angus cows, obviously!!!) eating the bungee cords off the four-wheelers.

Saturday afternoon (after our exercise class led by Em, brunch, four-wheeling, and pedicures), we made some crafts for baby Liam!

Some finished products:

We had a great weekend! It was so fun and nice to get away and just hang out!

2 comments:

EssentialEm said...

HEY HEY!! :) :) Our girly weekend made the BLOG!! :) I'm so honored!!

I had such a great time relaxing and eating the BEST FOOD EVER TAKEN to that ranch house. I'm claiming it as so! :)

Tera Tina was the best chef in three counties that weekend!

The Boring Runner said...

You're right sequence IS one of the best games ever. (I call it 5 straight though :)

I may or may not have flipped over my 4wheelers....more times than I can count on one hand. Lecture away uncle!