Monday, March 9, 2009

Travel Is Annoying

On Thursday of last week, I flew from St Louis to Dallas to Jacksonville. Connecting through Dallas always seems like a huge PITA (yes, the indian) since I live there. This is one of the main reasons I have not yet moved to Austin. Anyway, I had all carry on luggage - I had even crammed the baby Elmo doll for Cordelia (in the box still!) into my carry on bag. My bag fit just fine on the MD80 that I flew on from STL to DFW. Twenty minutes and a mad search for food after my my flight landed in DFW, I boarded the flight to JAX. Another MD80. (American Airlines loooooves MD80s... remember when they pulled a bunch out of circulation several months back? I was in LA. That was a fun day.) As I'm boarding the gate agent says, "Ma'am, your bag looks like it is too full to fit in the overhead bin." And I said, "I just came off a plane and it fit fine." And she says, "Well ma'am, I understand that; a lot of people just came in off other planes, but this flight is very full." And I replied, "Does that change the overhead bin size?" Seriously. I know I'm a bitch sometimes, but really?!?! Pretty sure that if my bag fit in an MD80 20 minutes ago, it will fit again, regardless of how many people get on the plane... unless of course the PEOPLE are planning to be in the overhead bins, and that has got to violate all sorts of FAA regulations. If I can't wait in line for the toilet, you certainly can't climb into the overhead bin. So instead of getting in a huge fight with the gate agent and getting carted off by TSA (my favorite governmental organization), I complied with her wishes that I take stuff out of the front pocket. Immediately after getting in the jet way though, I stuffed it all back in! And guess what?! It fit in the damn overhead bin.



PS. My stop cussing resolution is not going so well.

2 comments:

The Boring Runner said...

WOW, this story is AWESOME. I'm sharing it with a bunch of people :)

Brookie B Riley said...

HAHAHAHA....I love ya TeraTina.