Thursday, January 22, 2009

TMI

This is probably TMI, but I went to the doctor today because I have to go every 6 months so he can ask me how my acid reflux is doing, prescribe me more medication, and per his own words 'make sure I'm still alive'. That's supposed to be a joke. He has dad humor. And he is my dad's doctor! Has been since before I was alive. My dad still comes to Dallas to go to the doctor! Anyway, I digress. So my doctor told me that in 1 1/2 years I have to have this scope thingy done to make sure that my acid reflux isn't causing chronic burn and inflammation in my stomach or esophagus. I wanted to ask him a ton of questions about it, but it seemed silly since it's 1 1/2 years away. So I looked it up on WebMD when I got home. I bet doctors love that. Anyway here's the link if that wasn't already TMI for you: http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/upper-gastrointestinal-endoscopy. It doesn't sound too awful, but I'm pretty sure I'll freak out and gag a lot when they try to put the scope thingy down my throat. So that's something to worry about for the next 1 1/2 years, which oughtta help my acid reflux! ;)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

my friend Jamesh had to get one of those scopeamajigs done last month and he said it wasn't too bad but the pictures he showed me were pretty gross... tmi will be when you show people pictures of what your insides look like!

The Boring Runner said...

Bwahahahaha, your idea of TMI and my idea of TMI are two very different things....

Now, if they were scoping OTHER areas Katie Couric style, then we could talk about TMI :) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3079465/

Wait, was that comment TMI? Hmmm, better ask Tim.

Brookie B Riley said...

I've had it done before...it's no biggie...it doesn't hurt or anything...just make sure they give you the drugs that make you go to sleep while they do it :)